Our current projects include, among others:
- A substantial project for the National Trustbetween Corby and Oundle – incorporating many of our core skills, i.e. the renovation of a 17th century manor house; installing the latest premium standard kitchens and storage facilities; substantial external landscaping and planting of native species to NT standards; providing modern car parking and accessible facilities.
- Demolition and recreation of a stone barn conversion – combining modern design with traditional materials; incorporating the latest insulation and an eco-friendly heating system.
- Listed cottage renovation and cottage extensionin a Rutland village location – incorporating reclaimed materials to blend sympathetically with the existing fabric.
- Oakham Veterinary Hospital – completed in phases to improve the operating theatres, and to install the latest scanner technology and an accommodation block for students. The challenges of this project included: maintaining hygiene standards for the theatres to allow the practice to continue seamlessly while the facilities were updated; the precise working tolerances of the horse scanner and the careful radiation-proofing of the structure.
- Oakham School– with whom Palmers have had a continuing working relationship over 40 years, including new buildings, refurbishments and updating to the latest hygiene standards. Working within a school demanded a safe working environment during term-time, and the acceleration of the project during holiday periods to meet tight timescales.
Selected Previous Projects